Sunday, May 8, 2011

Trippin' on Over to Shanghai‏

We were not sure what we would be doing. We had to pack up 
everything and be checked out of the hostel in Beijing by noon. I 
realized there was so much stuff I had to carry and was not sure how 
it could be done. I had to purchase a cheap large bag to put 
everything in. I knew it would kill my back but there was no other 
reasonable way. While packing, we decided to go see Mao dong's 
mummified body. It would be closed to view if we did not hurry. 
 
That was a strange sight to behold. His face looked like it was 
glowing but it was just the light shining on his face. The feeling 
in the room was unsettling and I knew we all felt it. It was 
something worth doing though. There was not much left to do in 
Beijing. We conquered it pretty well and we were mostly tired. What 
do you do when you are tired and sore? Pamper yourself of course! 
 
We went to get pedicures. We did not understand what they were 
saying so the guy just scrapped the dead skin off our feet and cut 
our nails. It was interesting. When he first pulled out the tools, 
Bryndi was first up and she was frightened. She said, "what's he 
going to do?! He has a scalpel!" That was a bit of a let down 
because we were expecting more. Some of us decided to do more. Kim 
and I got Chinese medicine massages on our feet plus a full body 
massage. Kim got more of a beating than a massage. The lady that did 
mine was nicer, still hit me but not near like Kim's. 
 
Next we had to get our ice cream fix at KFC. We walked down the 
street and then back down the other side to get to our noodles. Kim 
and I sat in there for about an hour just having a chat over noodles. 
 
To wrap up our night we went through the subway to get to the train 
station with all of our junk. My back hurt from my huge bag but we 
made it. As we were getting on the train we met a new friend, Kevin. 
I sat between Kevin and someone who did not speak any English. 
Kevin's English was very limited too though. Across from me, Lindey 
sat next to a college student that could speak english quite well. 
Kevin had this guy translate most of what he was saying to us. One 
of the first things he had to mention was that he is a part time 
model. Then his full time job is being a hair stylist for models. He 
works for 20 Guy or something, as far as we know. He showed a video 
of him cutting hair and it was cool but not very interesting after a 
while. Lindey watched the whole thing so I did not want to be rude 
and not watch it. He was adamant about saying how much he loves 
America. I totally agree. He wants to move there in a couple of 
years.
Lindey and translating college student
Well it was a pretty full train and we would be riding it all night. 
It was getting late and I was suppose to be getting sleepy. Kevin 
and I were sharing music back and forth and he told me I could lie 
my head on his shoulder if I wanted to sleep. That was really nice 
of him. While I was suppose to be asleep, he took a picture. That is 
normal to be like, 'oh look, foreigner!' I thought it was funny so I 
smiled up while he took a picture and he just laughed. He was  a lot 
taller than me and there was not much room to move legs anywhere 
with four or more sets of feet in the small space. So he put his arm 
around me. That was a little awkward so I did not let that last long 
and tried to find a position to sleep but I was not tired at all. He 
switched seats with me so I could lean against the wall. I still 
could not sleep. I could tell he was more tired than I was. I tried 
to switch back seats for him but I could not explain I was not tired 
to him. After a while, he looked frustrated, like he could not think 
of how to say something. He looked at me and just said, "You are 
really beautiful." My cheeks filled with color as I blushed. I just 
thanked him and turned my head away. It was fairly late into the 
night when he had that frustrated look again. Then he whispered, 
"Phone number?" I must have looked confused because he repeated it 
and did some sign language on his hand to show me. I told him, "No  
phone."
Kevin and I
you can also see the bandaid i gave him on his finger, I'm so prepared.
                                              

He understood that and went back to silence for a long while. At 
about 4am, when basically everyone else was passed out sleeping, he 
started typing something on his phone. He nudged my arm and showed 
me what was on the screen- 'miss kiss you'. I felt really bad at 
this point. I just smiled and kindly shook my head and said no. He 
was disappointed but being the kind guy he was, he did not push it 
at all. Kevin simply said, "oh ok." Then he shifted his position and 
said, "I'm sorry." I told him it was ok. With our lack of 
communicating skills and my feeling bad for him, I could not tell 
him I had the best guy ever already waiting for me. Instead I just 
was friendly and kept it light. For the next few hours we fell 
asleep on and off. Switching seats, positions, and randomly waking 
up for a while happened all through the night and morning. We did 
started our adventures in Shanghai. 
 
    
<3 <3 <3 The Best Guy Ever, and I, being in Love! <3 <3 <3 
 
<3 The Perfect Match! <3
                        Forever & Always <3      

No comments:

Post a Comment