Friday, February 25, 2011

well today was a very successful day of teaching. I think it may 
have had to do with my attitude. I was thinking about it and I 
decided, this is like a calling. This wasn't just something I wanted 
to do but God directed me here. So if it is a calling, then I need 
to give it my all and just do my best. I'm not sure I can explain 
how it changed my outlook really, but it did change it sooo much. 
Another thing that may have helped was knowing it was the weekend! I 
was so excited! In my head, I said, "I just have to do teaching for 
25 minutes and 5 classes. Entertain if nothing else. Then, we have 
the weekend!" Those two things combined and then, it was my best 
teaching so far. The kids did really well and liked the activity. I 
used up all the time and used the 'Chinese chair' which is the chair 
we put kids in if they speak Chinese during our lessons. I could 
probably use it more but I used it rather well today. 
This is a picture of my first head teacher assessment. Which was 
really thursday's lesson. This helped also because I did much better 
than I expected. 
Teaching here is an acquired taste. ;) something that hasn't come 
easy but hopefully as we keep going, it will be easier and also more 
enjoyable. Ashley Mitchell says it will and the kids will make it 
worth it. I sure hope so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment